Tuesday 8 July 2014

Festival Fun

The festival season has been upon us once again with fashion statements attempting to out-do previous years.

But the festival look is it's own trend, which returns every summer with only hints of newness. The lightweight parker, the Hunter wellington, the denim short, the biker and even the checked shirt continue to be driving forces throughout the festival scene.

Every year the newer statements mainly come through via the accessories and clothing trim devisions, it seems.
*The shape of eyewear is, and will always be, in constant reform.
*Not one length, shape or size of tassels & fringing is a stand-out winner - we love them all.
*Excessive jewellery-wearing on every part of the hands and ears will not fade, but become the norm as part of general festival attire into 2015 & 2016, I believe.
*and finally, not to by-pass the newest forms of accessories - bindis, hair rings, and temporary tattoos. Each boast individuality and creativity - that is of course, particularly for the hair rings, if you also have the patience! Hair rings still haven't reached their potential as a trend, and are available in simple forms at the moment from websites such as Regal Rose. However, you can easily raid your ring collection like I have and get creative with your hair styling to up the exposure of these small beauties! Watch this space for sure.

This year I have personally embraced the festival scene and festival style with open arms. I've got two under my belt (Bournemouth 7s & Wireless) and two to go (EDC & BoomTown). 

With the latest attendance being Wireless, I feel it appropriate to show my outfits from each epic day.



Day 1 - Any outfit would not be complete without an oversized kimono this year. I wore a black Topshop playsuit, Whistles hat, Asos fringed bumbag and Primark chunky flats with my orange River Island purchase.





Day 2 - I gave my Asos baby-doll dress with oversized roses a street edge with what seemed to be a top footwear choice - the workman, 'Timberland-esque' boot, and teamed this with another felt hat from H&M, Primark sunglasses, TKMaxx bag and some arm cuffs.





Day 3 - Lastly, I chose a classic monochrome two-piece set; a boxy top and high-waisted short combo, which contrasted with the bold printed Tesco scarf (worn as a head piece). My intention was to wear these cute Clark's shoes but the rain forced me to opt for some wellies instead.



Also check out my Instagram and Twitter posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment